At Center for NeuroPotential, we provide highly effective neurofeedback and counseling services with a team of skilled New Haven therapists. Apart from neurofeedback and counseling, we also offer neuropsychological evaluations, professional development, and heart math biofeedback.
Benefits of neurofeedback
Neurofeedback is a non-invasive treatment approach that we use to help patients overcome a variety of mental illnesses and disorders. Some of the benefits of neurofeedback include:
- Improves brain health – Studies have found that brains of patients who underwent neurofeedback training consistently showed an increase in white and gray matter. Neurofeedback patients also reported improved clarity, focus, creativity, concentration, and stronger recall.
- Improved memory – Neurofeedback training improves memory by increasing the neuroplasticity in the hippocampus (a part of the brain responsible for remembering names, dates, and conversations).
- Better sleep – Patients who have insomnia and other sleep-related issues enjoy improved quality sleep after the neurofeedback treatment. Sleep disturbances can often occur as a result of the poor functioning of the slow-moving delta waves. Neurofeedback training triggers the slow-moving delta waves and helps the brain fall asleep.
Besides, it also helps reduce the symptoms of ADHD, anxiety, and depression. Our team of therapists offers the best counseling for mental health in New Haven, CT, at affordable prices.
What is neurofeedback?
It is a form of biofeedback training that helps improve certain aspects of brain activity in individuals. It is a subsect of biofeedback therapy and uses electroencephalography (EEG) to create a brain wave training protocol.
During the session, we place sensors on the patient's head, which helps us measure the electrical activity in the brain. We provide neurofeedback therapy using video or sound with positive and negative feedback for desirable and undesirable brain activity, respectively. This therapy helps treat mental disorders like ADHD, depression, PTSD, anxiety, sleep disorders, autism, and a variety of other issues.
Top psychologists and counselors in New Haven
We know how strenuous it is to find a therapist in New Haven, CT, at affordable prices. At our treatment center, we are a team of highly qualified therapists, neurofeedback providers, and social workers with extensive experience in treating mental disorders. Our team of therapists includes:
- Amy Palmer, Psy.D, BCN – She is a clinical psychologist, a skilled mental health care specialist, and a Ph.D. scholar in psychology. Amy is one of Connecticut's most sought-after board-certified neurofeedback providers.
- Deb Del Vecchio-Scully, LPC, DCMHS, BCN – She is a highly skilled Trauma specialist and has completed a certification course in EMDR therapy. She also ranks as a certified Yoga Therapist and a board-certified neurofeedback provider.
Contact Center for NeuroPotential to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced New Haven therapists. We understand your never-ending search to find therapists and counselors in New Haven, CT. With a team of top counselors and New Haven county therapists, we guarantee highly rewarding treatment results to all our clients.