As a parent, of course you want the best for your child. When you are the parent of a child with autism, you want the best support and strategies for helping your child maximize their potential. A crucial resource for parents of children with autism is All About ABA.
All About ABA embraces therapy so that children with autism can enjoy an excellent quality of life. We use ABA therapy as our primary tool to help children with a wide array of needs. If you are a parent of a child with autism, contact our All About ABA therapy team today for more information about how our therapy options may be the right fit for your child.
What Is ABA Therapy?
ABA therapy, also known as applied behavior analysis, is a therapy approach that aims to reinforce desired behaviors and lessen or eliminate socially inappropriate and/or challenging behaviors. One of the fundamental concepts of ABA therapy is positive reinforcement. Positive rewards have been shown to be effective in building skills that are essential for cognitive development. One of the best qualities of ABA therapy is its adaptability. ABA therapy can be customized to fit the specific needs of each child and can teach a range of skills from communication skills to toilet training.
What Is ABA Therapy for Autism?
ABA therapy can be used in many different scenarios for people of all ages. Also, ABA therapy has shown to be especially effective for helping children with autism. At All About ABA, we rely on a blend of two basic ABA therapy approaches for autism: discrete trial training and natural environment teaching.
- Discrete trial training first breaks down a common task into individual steps. Then, each step is described and practiced with clear and direct instruction. The goal of discrete trial training is for children with autism to build new skills by deconstructing a task and focusing on each step.
- Natural environment teaching uses familiar places to the child as a safe and comfortable place to learn new skills. Also, the child has the opportunity to practice these skills in the actual environment where they usually occur, which increases confidence and eases anxiety.
Discrete trial training and natural environment teaching can be used to teach such skills as:
- Communication skills
- Play skills
- Daily living skills
- Life skills
- Community skills
- Generalization skills training
- Toilet training
It all really depends on what would be best for your child. Our New Jersey and Indianapolis ABA therapy teams wants to provide the support that you need for your child to be successful.
What Are Some Benefits of ABA Therapy?
Some of the benefits of ABA therapy for autism include:
- Increased independence and the child’s overall quality of life
- Behavioral change skills and strategies for parents and entire families
- Can help the child make and maintain friendships
- Empowers parent’s to maximize their child’s fullest potential
- Teaches children the exact skills that they need
At All About ABA, our therapy options can also bring families closer together. We provide parent education consultations, which may involve siblings and other caregivers and/or family members in our sessions. All About ABA would like to ensure that the whole family becomes active participants in the care of children with autism. Learn more by reaching out to our team today.
Choose All About ABA for Comprehensive Care for Your Child with Autism
All About ABA provides comprehensive and focused programs for children and young adults with autism. So, what is ABA therapy? Our dedicated team of experts firmly believes that children with autism can meet their individual and family goals through the use of ABA therapy. If you are the parent or caregiver of a child with autism, All About ABA is ready to provide the support and insights you may need. Reach out to our friendly and knowledgeable team today by calling 844.525.5226 or completing our secure online form. Discover more about ABA therapy now.